Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
- Perform testing on projects at the individual circuit and complete product level, including setup and dismantling of units under test and the associated test equipment.
- Contributes to the creation of product functional test plans from customer specifications and proposals, Product Requirements Documents (PRD), Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS), and others with subject matter expert input.
- Contribute to the generation of product test plans including task identification, schedules, team member identification, and cost assessments.
- Ability to coordinate and schedule, with collaboration of the Development Laboratory management and project leaders for other projects, to ensure test equipment resource availability and cooperation between teams so resources can be shared to support project schedules.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of product and system test set-ups and platforms for automated and manual tests.
- Participate in cross-functional concept generation of new products representing test input to the design process.
- Participate in hardware/product design and safety reviews.
- Participate in the reviews of test plans and associated schedules.
- Development of product test procedures.
- Investigate product problems, with an emphasis on hardware product support.
- Stay abreast of new test technology developments and applications that can be used in products through participation in technology seminars, courses, and independent study.
- Complete design and implementation documentation as specified by the Common Product Development (CPD) processes and associated with the functional process requirements.
- Must maintain documented records that thoroughly explain conceptual thoughts, conditions, restrictions, analysis, synthesis, and test results that serve as justification for test and system design.
- Familiarity with appropriate Agency requirements such as UL 508A/C, UL 61800-5-1, IEC EN61800-3, and EN61800-5 product specific standards.
- Familiarity with dynamometer operation and testing
- Support laboratory maintenance and organization to ensure a safe and collaborative testing environment for everyone within the greater LVD organization.
- Be the lead IDB representative within the greater LVD team managing the test resources, labs, and equipment.
- Cross-functional coordination of test plan development and execution for NPI (New Product Introduction). Includes interfacing with Customers, Suppliers, Mechanical Engineering, Development Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance, Product Management, and Project Management.
- Hold self and others accountable for achieving goals and meeting commitments.
- Encourage a positive work environment to foster outstanding performance. Possess and share a vision of success and work with individuals to help all reach their full potential.
- Identify and promote new ideas and initiatives to bring efficiency to the development test process. Take a stand to resolve important issues.
- May act as a team or project leader providing direction for team activities and decision making.
- May have indirect supervision of other team members assisting with testing efforts.
- Network with people across a variety of functional areas and locations, both inside and outside the organization.
- Create an environment that encourages the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Adapt appropriately to competing demands, shifting priorities, and process changes.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ensures thorough familiarity and complies with company policies and procedures including Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14001, and government regulations (e.g., health, safety, quality and environmental), demonstrating integrity and trustworthiness throughout.
- Support company and IDB goals, objectives, and profitability.
- Work with Manager and team to resolve priority conflicts.
- May travel as required to meet the requirements of assigned projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline, Master's degree in a technical discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of product development or testing experience.
- Requires the physical ability to utilize ladders and maneuver in and around large high-power motors and power cabinets and limited space areas.
- Requires the mental and visual ability to read and interpret computer programs, operating systems, and communications systems information.
- Requires the ability to lift up to thirty-five pounds (35lbs) or sixteen kilograms (16Kg).
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Prior experience with Rockwell Automation products, especially VFD's.
- Experience with instrumentation (Ex. oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, power supplies) and high voltage lab test stands (< 600V AC).
- Experience with RS Logix 5000 or other PLC programming tools.
- Experience with EMC measurements and best design practices for compliance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).