Location: United States of America (remote)
The IT Global Services Director is the strategic liaison between IT and the business for due diligence and execution activities. The Director, IT Global Services has in-depth knowledge of both the business and technology in the assigned business/functional area. The role is responsible to understand the business's strategic vision, advice in the use of technology to meet business goals, assist in the prioritization of initiatives, ensure that projects align with the technology that best provides maximum return on investment / business value, and directs IT architectural alignment in support of the overall business strategy.
- Establish business relationship with leaders and key users in assigned responsible areas to have a thorough understanding of the business organization dynamics, strategy, priorities and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Advise business leaders and stakeholders to shape the use of technology to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Partner with Capability Owners to develop the 2-5 year strategic technology and business roadmaps for the assigned areas
- Ability to identify highest value initiatives that can be enabled by IT services and/or identify IT service gaps that are required to deliver the business needs for needle-moving results
- Provide overall visibility to the business leaders on the status of pipeline from ideation to governance approval and work with them to develop business cases for initiatives presented to Capability Owners Council for funding approval.
Initiative / Project Implementation Oversight
- Provide the oversight of all initiatives for the assigned areas of responsibilities and sit on the initiative steering committee to ensure the progress, risk identification and business value delivery throughout the implementation and post-implementation value realization.
- Articulate, document and track the business values of IT deliverables based on the roadmap defined
- Oversee and be accountable for the deliverables of the Agile Capability Team and manage the Scrum Master, BSA and Tech Lead roles
Service Performance Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide regular IT service performance update to business leadership team to align understanding of issues and constraints
- Proactively and timely communicate major service interruption with targeted audience based on the business impact areas
- Work with IT Owners to document and implement mitigation plans while keeping the business leaders informed on progress till completion
IT Business Partnership Framework - Competencies and Processes
- Provide leadership in designing and maturing assigned IT Business Partnership in the areas such as (per assignment):
- Account Management & Relationship Management
- Portfolio Management
- Demand Management (e.g., Funnel Management)
- Budgeting, Planning and Financial Management
- Service Class Management
- IT Strategy Planning Framework
- Merger & Acquisition
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Business Management, or related field. MBA a plus.
- Professional Certifications a plus (PMI, ITIL, Agile, Lean Six Sigma etc.)
- Experience: Minimum 8 years of IT and business work experience with broad exposure to various technical environments and business segments. Minimum 3 years of experience in strategic planning, business development or client management, working with a broad range of diverse and complicated business units.
- Significant project management experience
- Strong relationship, strategy, and governance skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and success in communicating with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated skills in servant leadership in eliminating obstacles and allowing the team to do their best work.
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing requirements and interests, keep team focused on top priorities, and find ways to achieve win-win or obtain acceptance/consensus for best compromise
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).