Cary-Grove High School, within Community High School District 155, is looking for a 1st shift maintenance worker.
Please review the general job description below.
REPORTS TO: Building Operations Supervisor
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: 12 month
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position involves the responsibility and monitoring of the general maintenance of the assigned building.
- High School Diploma
- Additional coursework and/or on the job training in plumbing and/or heating, ventilation, HVAC, electricity
- Ability to demonstrate recognition of equipment malfunctions
- High degree of interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Evidence of good organizational skills
- Ability to positively interact with all stakeholders
- Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds
- Ability to climb to high and difficult places and work in these places
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and is self-directed
- Knowledge of boilers, plumbing and/or heating, ventilation, HVAC
- Knowledge of equipment, tools, and materials used in maintenance activities
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations related to the components of the position
- Knowledge of Asbestos Abatement (certification preferred)
- Knowledge of outdoor maintenance including fieldwork
- Knowledge of reading a blueprint
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance on all items at the school
- Performs site maintenance and repair work at school
- Performs outside facilities maintenance such as snow removal, lawn irrigation, etc
- Performs miscellaneous maintenance services at school, such as replacing light bulbs of all types, removal of graffiti from surfaces, delivering and installing equipment, furniture, etc.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure compliance with directions, work schedule, and design criteria
- Completes remodeling projects as assigned
- Ability to repair grounds maintenance equipment
- Responds to emergency situations after hours as needed
- Shares responsibility for holiday, weekend, and extended day activities
- Works a revised schedule to meet the demands of the facility as necessary
- Able to work with contractors and sub-contractors
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Building Operations Supervisor