The Human Resource Director performs a variety of complex administrative, technical, and professional work in directing and supervising the personnel systems of the Nation, including classification, compensation, recruitment, policy development and benefits administration.
• Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Management from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum five (5) years varied Human Resources Director/Management experience preferred, and at least one (1) year experience with governmental experience.
• Thorough knowledge of modern policies and practices of governmental personnel administration.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret moderately complex data.
• Must be able to read write and speak the English language.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to apply principals of logical or scientific thinking to a wide variety of issues.
• Strong computer skills, preferably in Microsoft Office.
• Must have a valid Arizona Driver’s License and be insurable with the Nation’s auto insurance policy and sustain insurability throughout the duration of employment.
How to apply: Please submit your resume and application to:
Yavapai-Apache Nation / Human Resources
2400 W. Datsi / Camp Verde, AZ 86322
P: 928-567-1062 / Fax: 928-567-1064
The Yavapai-Apache Nation is located in the Verde Valley of Arizona and is comprised of five (5) tribal communities: Tunlii, Middle Verde, Rimrock, Camp Verde and Clarkdale. With 2,596 total enrolled tribal members (April 2019 numbers) with over 750 residents living in the five (5) tribal communities. The Yavapai-Apache Nation consists of two distinct people, the Yavapai and Apache. The Yavapai refers to themselves as Wipuhk’a’bah and speak the Yuman language, while the Apache refer to themselves as Dil’zhe’e and speak the Athabaskan language.