The Coordinator, Patient and Family Centered Care promotes patient and family centered care (PFCC) throughout AAMC/Pathways/McNew and will support and foster patient and family advisor (PFA) involvement. The Coordinator will collaborate with others to create a culture of PFCC. The Coordinator will recruit, track, and orient PFAs and will provide support and coordination for Patient & Family Advisory Councils (PFACs). This position will assist in placing PFAs in multiple venues throughout the system to share the perspectives of patients and families. .
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Assists in implementing and developing strategies in developing and enhancing the delivery of patient- and family-centered care
- Assists in creating, implementing and monitoring mechanisms for ongoing collaboration with patients and family members
- Supports the PFA infrastructure and coordinates PFA involvement by:
- Reviews all PFA applications and provides guidance to those involving PFAs in their work
- Assists in creating a standardized interview/screening process and training program for PFAs and conducts training sessions with PFAs on a regular basis.
- Works with the education department to create and deliver standardized education and toolkits for employees.
- Ensures that all employees who request PFAs have received appropriate tools to prepare for PFA engagement.
- Tracks each PFA's current/past involvement.
4. Assists with coordination and planning of patient and family centered care activities. Seeks opportunities to incorporate patient and family centered care into the fabric of the organization and the community.
5. Supports and helps coordinate the membership and meetings of the PFACs.
- B.A., B.S. preferred in a healthcare related field with one year related experience or training.
Required License/Certifications: N/A
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.