PT Outpatient Supervisor is responsible for providing direct assistance and support to Outpatient Physical Therapy Departments and the Director of Outpatient Rehabilitation. Provides technical support to Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists, PT Aides and Front Desk staff. Responsible for staff orientation and inservice activities, competency assessments and coordination of student program at a particular site.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Evaluate patients for Physical Therapy services, providing therapeutic intervention according to departmental standards. Assesses the appropriateness and effectiveness of services provided to patients, and documents same according to departmental standards and the special needs of patients.
- Conducts Physical Therapy evaluations and treatments according to established departmental policies and procedures.
- Documents Physical Therapy evaluations and treatments with ongoing assessment and updating of treatment goals.
- Documents patient and/or patient caregiver education, interdisciplinary collaboration, and patients response to treatment.
- Coordinates monthly inservice activities. Attends continuing education seminars and takes Responsibility to conduct seminar related inservice for staff in a timely manner.
- Consults with and serves as a resource for physicians, nursing staff, and other clinicians to increase knowledge of Physical Therapy, and to identify the need for Physical Therapy services for patients of all ages. Participates in clinical pathways and/or interdisciplinary meetings when indicated.
- Provides supervision, direction and support to staff working in the outpatient rehabilitation Centers.
- Assists in developing, monitoring, and analyzing Physical Therapy outpatient department quality Assurance programs.
- Provide team leadership to outpatient rehabilitation team with maintaining open lines of communication, identifying needs of the department, develop individual staff development plans that foster professional growth with each licensed staff member.
- Conducts performance evaluations for staff working in the outpatient rehabilitation sites. Recruit, interview and hire quality staff.
- Supervisory experience of at least 1-3 years.
- Licensure as Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Pathology in State of Maryland or eligible.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.