Apple Cloud Platform - Continuous Delivery Full Stack Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 16, 2021
Role Number: 200222891
The Apple Cloud Platform organization is building the next generation of tools to empower Apple's software developers! We're a small, highly skilled team working with Spinnaker and other open source tools to build a coherent continuous integration and delivery system for Apple services. Our system has to scale globally, stay highly available, integrate with a myriad of other internal systems, and "just work". We're looking for a hardworking engineer who loves working up and down the stack to join our team!
- Proven track record (3+ years) of working on complex web applications.
- Interest in developing on open source software and contributing back to the community.
- Experience building internal tools for engineers and helping automate aspects of software development.
- Proven background in multiple aspects of web app development and operations: design and frontend, REST APIs, databases, networks, and web security.
- Familiarity with modern cloud platforms, container technologies, and continuous deployment, with an understanding of the problems that SREs and developers face in this environment.
- Curiosity about how systems work and how they fail.
- Detail-oriented and proud of the work you deliver; eager to operate what you build
- Growth mentality and willingness to teach and learn from others.
- Committed to encouraging an open and inclusive work environment.
- Possesses strong communication skills, able to communicate complex technical ideas to engineers inside the team and to customers throughout the company.
- Willing to efficiently challenge assumptions.
Our tech stack includes JVM based services (mostly Java), Go, React, TypeScript, SpringBoot, and Kubernetes, with a strong focus on using our own continuous delivery tools. We're looking for a generalist - someone who can fix a UI regression on one day, and help strategize how to fix a database bottleneck the next day. You are not expected to know everything. If you have deep knowledge of one area of the stack, but you enjoy working on web technologies in general and are interested in broadening your expertise, you should talk to us. Experience working with large open source projects is a big plus. A key challenge for our team is continuing to build and maintain the custom features that our customers require, while continuing to keep the codebase clean and ready to integrate improvements from upstream. Our team comes with a diverse set of experiences with a range of technologies, and we are eager to teach what we know, and learn from you in return.
Education & Experience