Senior Software Engineer - Apple Online Store
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 1, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200208748
Imagine what you could do here.. At Apple, outstanding ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will work with significant and dynamic projects in support of Apple's Retail business and will deliver innovative solutions and software The Apple Online Store(AOS) is not your traditional e-commerce site. It is where iPhones, Macs, iPads and Watches are sold to tens of millions of customers each year. You love building highly scalable, distributed web applications? Do you get passionate about performance tuning java applications at the limits of memory and CPU? You love working with other highly hardworking engineers? If so, then we are looking for someone like you who is an experienced Java Developer, self starting, ambitious individual with very strong leadership and technical capabilities.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in enterprise Java development
- Proficient with modern JVM-based micro-services frameworks.
- Experienced in delivering advanced solutions for a multi-tier, distributed web application
- Extensive experience with traditional Java-based web frameworks: Jetty, Spring 5+
- Proficient in core Java 8+ Good in (one or more): Shell scripting, Python
- Understanding of concurrency and multi-threaded programming concepts
- Experienced in developing applications that utilize relational databases (e.g. Oracle, Postgres) and NoSQL data stores (Cassandra, MongoDB etc..)
- Extensive use of cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Expertise with Kubernetes: write & troubleshoot micro services deployments as well as more complex workloads on K8.
- Extensive use of git. Familiarity with gradle and maven package manager.
- Experience in Test Driven Development.
- Understanding of IT operation and Devops fundamentals
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Must be a self-starter Strong sense of responsibility and an obsession with quality
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, organization and interpersonal skills
Candidate must have proven expertise in the web technologies with proficiency in the Java popular open source frameworks. Candidate must have a deep knowledge of OO concepts and design patterns. Possess strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms Strong familiarity of deploying large-scale Java RPC applications is important. Responsibilities include: Write software code based on functional specification and technical design; adhere to development techniques and standards. Conceive and detail technical design for software in development; adhere to architectural standards and develop designs that consider impact with other aspects of the software and appropriately use existing code Produce and review High-Level and Detailed Technical Designs following Apple standards for a range of subject areas (e.g., requirements, data access strategy, business uses and usage) Keep up to date on new technologies and offer analysis of present or future benefit to Apple Facilitate design walkthroughs with IT and business staff to validate solutions against business requirements and IT architecture Independently analyze and resolve large, complex, high impact production problems, assessing alternatives as appropriate and implementing long-term solutions. Provides direction and mentorship to less experienced staff Use technology advances through tactical and strategic technology solutions, reference architectures, frameworks, and components.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or information management plus 7-10 years of experience, or MS degree plus 5-7 years, or equivalent.