Software Engineer - Core Networking
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 16, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200223318
Apple is looking for a talented and energetic software engineer for the Core Networking team to lead and participate in the architecture and development of the next generation of networking technology. The team is responsible for designing and enhancing the operating system networking components across Apple's range of products including all macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS based products. Specific areas of responsibility include the networking knowledge plane and networking interfaces. The ideal candidate should possess an excellent conceptual understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP and related networking technologies. System level software design experience is also essential. The position will require the right candidate to determine the appropriate compromise between several competing factors such as performance, efficiency, and security.
- Strong software design and development skills including C, C++ or Obj-C programming language experience
- Previous software development lead experience
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP suite of protocols
- Unix networking including sockets API
- Network troubleshooting skills
- Experience developing commercial networking software and/or hardware products
- Enthusiasm and interest in keeping up with trends / research in networking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The candidate needs to be able to work in a fast paced environment, operate gracefully under stress, handle multiple assignments in parallel, and be self driven to be effective in an environment with little overhead. The candidate also needs to show initiative, be able to take ownership of a problem area, and demonstrate an ability to understand the role of the group's technology in the larger context of the product and network environment. The position has cross-functional aspects and the candidate will need to show excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent networking software development experience.
- Preferred Experience:
- - macOS and iOS development experience
- - API development experience
- - Wireless networking technologies and standards (Wi-Fi and cellular)
- - Network debugging tools (e.g. packet sniffers, protocol analyzers)