Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Position Summary :
Individual Contributor - responsible for creating , implementing and sustaining enterprise-wide programs and processes to support company Product Environmental Compliance initiatives.
The Senior Product Compliance Engineer defines ,supports program development and leads global projects to help the company establish and maintain compliance with new or changed product environmental standards, certifications, and regulations including those required for management of hazardous substances in products, energy efficiency of products, and end-of-life responsibilities.
The Senior Engineer is responsible for maintaining knowledge on applicable environmental product standards, certifications, and regulations which can include those required for electrical safety, management of hazardous substances in products, EMC performance, energy efficiency of products, and end-of-life responsibilities.
This role is also responsible for working with New Product Introduction processes -as a Subject Matter Expert to support other team members - to ensure that new Rockwell Automation products meet relevant environmental product regulations and certification requirements.
- Ensures completion of product development compliance deliverables for products of critical importance to the organization. This includes compliance assessment, design review, certification and test plan creation, documentation, and process implementation for new product development introductions.
- Leads enterprise wide cross-functional projects of medium- to large-scale to enact programs and processes to ensure compliance to new or changed product environmental regulations and safety certification requirements.
- Leads efforts to source, analyze and management Product related environmental data to meet regulatory reporting requirements
- Identifies and works with internal and external groups, including the Global Product Standards & Regulations organization within Rockwell Automation to analyze and communicate regulatory trends and positions and shares information with impacted business groups.
- Works with Strategic Sourcing and Rockwell Automation suppliers to ensure that the supply chain is positioned and responsive to support RA compliance programs.
- Supports internal and external customers by addressing requirements for product compliance information, including communication strategies.
- May serve as an environmental product compliance interface with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to frame and manage effectively, and with high quality, a large quantity of ambiguous or complex work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience in project management techniques and processes.
- Leads strategy development, business process development, and critical issue closure across technical disciplines for local organizational functions
- Leads and participates in project teams consisting of cross-functional personnel to address product design issues and new regulatory requirements related to environmental regulations and safety certifications.
- May represent Rockwell Automation in external organizations including standards development committees and cross-company teams.
- Responsible for executing programs with business groups across the organization to incorporate regulatory and certification requirements into product designs for both legacy and new products.
- Gives presentations to share information and obtain support for compliance programs on an enterprise-wide basis.
- Responsible for the plan, budget and schedule for projects which are of significant and strategic importance to the corporation. Examples would include RoHS, REACH, EU-Ecodesign and other regulations that emerge.
- Monitors and understands complex regulatory and market drivers and their ability to affect product lines. Works with business partners to assess risk and strategy for ensuring compliance of RA products.
- Manages aggressive objectives in context of higher-level business goals / constraints.
- Presents strategies to stakeholders and decision-makers to secure support for programs as necessary.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet2
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Quality or Computer Engineering or related technical field with knowledge in the application of basic engineering and manufacturing principles, theories, and techniques.
- 8+ years' experience in Manufacturing/Development Engineering Organization, preferably in an electronics manufacturing organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through all levels in the organization. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required in addition to presentation skills.
- Previous experience with product stewardship, environmental regulations, product standards, certifications, conformance agencies, or quality/continuous improvement is strongly preferred.
- Experience in new product development, including utilizing the Rockwell Automation Common Product Development (CPD) Process as well as knowledge of SAP, is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders and drive change management projects is preferred.
- Further education in engineering, business administration, operations or project management is a plus.
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products is a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 10% (including international) for promotion and implementation of various initiatives and programs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified, Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).