This position has the responsibility of maintaining house wide HVAC and refrigeration systems as needed. May be required to pull permits for the hospital as needed. This position will be responsible for contractor oversight on projects involving connecting to, additions to, or removal from the house HVAC systems.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitors safe and efficient operations of HVAC /refrigeration systems in accordance with departmental requirements; corrects deficiencies according to PM/C M and manufacturers specifications.
- Conducts preventive maintenance on all HVAC and refrigeration systems, as well as fan coil or dx units, and other equipment as assigned.
- Installs and services new HVAC /refrigeration equipment. Participate in the testing of HVAC shutdown by duct smoke detectors.
- Coordinates inspections, repairs and installation in consultation with staff in affected areas to minimize disruption of hospital operations. Responds to emergency repairs in a timely manner.
- Participates in the computerized maintenance management system for work and equipment documentation.
- Participate in the building management system (Siemens system). Monitor design parameters for status and efficiency. Assist in programming recommendations for the system.
- Track refrigerant loss, procurement, and storage per government standards.
- Install, maintain and repair all field devices for the AAMC TempTrak System.
- Observes all MOSHA, local, and state and federal laws and regulations, Equipment Manufacturer and Medical Center safety regulations with respect to personal protective equipment, performance of work, and safe equipment operations and hazardous waste disposal.
- Ensures the effective utilization of department resources by monitoring compliance with safety and quality standards, department policies and procedures.
Educational/Experience Requirements :
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- High School Diploma/ GED or equivalent
- Eight years' of HVAC experience in a commercial, industrial, or institutional setting.
- Must have Anne Arundel County or State's HVAC Masters card.
- Must have a valid Maryland driver's license and a driving record with no more than two (2) points.
- CFC Certification.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.