AI/ML - Analytics Engineer, Sir Data
Boulder , Colorado , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 18, 2021
Role Number: 200223456
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Create groundbreaking technology for large-scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence? And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done - just by asking? The vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. As an Analytics Engineer on the team, you will design, implement the generation of, and analyze data that informs the development of new classes of AI/ML-driven Siri experiences!
- Polyglot programmer who has experience with full-stack, data-oriented application development. Experience with iOS development (Swift, Objective C) is a plus.
- Designed and developed schematized instrumentation of the user experience in complex software system (e.g. protobuf, thrift)
- Know how to engineer data from robust pipelines and have a keen eye for how to scale and how to automate (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch).
- Statistical thinker: you care about distributions more than averages; you can find and investigate sources of variance; you ensure you can measure effect sizes from changes in the user experience.
- Self-motivated, curious with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and an innate drive to improve how things work!
- Track record of working well with constraints. You are creative in finding solutions that work within these constraints but courageous when you recognize constraints that must evolve.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect and synthesize.
- Can influence decisions with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Will partner closely with Siri machine learning and engineering teams who are pushing the state of the art forward for intelligent assistants. Your work will enable them to build mental models of Siri engagement and also directly shape priorities on how Siri improves. Will become a specialist in Siri's client and server architecture and sources of data to guide how the Siri experience is instrumented and measured. Will build tools that enable engineers to more easily integrate instrumentation and data inspection into their development process. We are looking for people with a track record in building products and relationships to affect decisions. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across billions of their interactions with a personal, intelligent assistant who is available on iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Mac, AppleWatch, CarPlay, and Appletv across more than 30 languages.
Education & Experience
Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. AI/ML - Analytics Engineer, Sir Data starts at a minimum annual salary of $105,600. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.