SDET - Embedded Firmware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 17, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200221321
We are seeking an Automation Engineer to help us ensure that iOS/watchOS/tvOS and other Apple OS's are rock-solid. As a member of our fast-paced group, you will create groundbreaking technology to enhance our testing capabilities for new and exciting hardware/security features/ and low level firmwares. You will have a unique and rewarding opportunity to be part of and shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day.
- 3+ years developing automation scripts and frameworks
- Programming skills in C and Python
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, test methodologies and tools, and passion for quality processes
- Experienced in developing test strategies, tools, architecting test frameworks, and infrastructure
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems and independently work towards results
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- An enthusiasm for user-focused design & high-quality products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
This position requires a motivated, highly-technical engineer to create, maintain, and expand test development and infrastructure for Apple's Core Platforms. You will help drive innovation in Apple OS's development and work closely with engineering teams to identify and act on the opportunities for debug and infrastructure development.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Familiarity with Bourne Shell scripting under MacOS or linux.
- Xcode Experience developing with the iOS or macOS SDK.