Mail Software Engineer, Apple Watch - Communication Apps Team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 17, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200222994
Does the idea of being responsible for an app that touches millions of end-users every day appeal to you? As a lead engineer on the Apple Watch Mail team, you will lead a key app on the communication team. You'll work closely with the UI design, watchOS Frameworks, and QA teams to enable communication across the globe. You will join a hands-on development team that champions creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- You have solid Cocoa and Objective-C coding ability
- Consistent record of completing projects on-time and to specification
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You have experience in optimizing applications and profiling throughout the stack
- Professional experience with at least one application framework
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Experience with communication apps or protocols a plus
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
As an Apple Watch software engineer you will have responsibilities related to the design and development of the Mail app, including: - Collaborating closely with the design team to bring creative ideas to life. - Creating solutions tailored to the constraints of the software and the hardware of a small, low power device. - Developing features with well-designed solutions that can stand the test of time. - Coordinating with the quality assurance teams to ensure full test coverage as well as to initiate focused testing on critical components.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or equivalent experience.