AppleCare Field Service Diagnostics - Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Feb 17, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200221444
The AppleCare Field Service Diagnostics Engineering team is seeking candidates with strong Software Quality Assurance experience to validate Mac / iOS diagnostic and repair tools used in the field service channels. This position requires a passionate and self-motivated individual with QA experience, excellent cross-functional communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to adjust to rapid change.
- 4+ years of software QA experience or a related field.
- Possess a proven understanding of software testing and QA methodologies
- Ability to extract user scenarios from software feature descriptions and requirements to translate them into effective test plans and cases.
- In-depth familiarity with operating and troubleshooting Apple hardware and software; take-apart and repair experience is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, and confident in managing and re-prioritizing daily tasks as needed.
- Curiosity and willingness to deep dive into technical areas as needed, and ability to summarize key points and author clear documentation.
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills, and thrives in a dynamic team environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Unix-based systems and command-line tools for working with binaries, debugging, and automation; python or other scripting knowledge is a plus.
Build and execute well-structured, end-to-end test plans and test cases by working with developers and interpreting functional specification documents. Use bug-tracking software to report and prioritize issues; work with developers and team leads to understand and pursue issues to resolution. Provide project managers and team leads with timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing testing results at project conclusion. Collaborate with and provide support to developers, readiness, localization, and other cross-functional teams. Chip in to initiatives to improve the overall integration and QA process, such as identifying and closing gaps in testing coverage or inefficiencies in workflows. Execute and coordinate all activities in a test plan to ensure that objectives are met.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience