Location: United States of America (remote)
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Responsible for providing business process ownership for Asset Management and Repair, including SAP and other system support to insure alignment with business requirements. Role Prioritizes business needs with IT to align with release schedules. Supports global Reman and repair teams in process improvement projects that drive better business outcomes. Collaborates with other functions in the organization to support strategic initiatives that require process changes for Asset Management. Additional project management support for the extended team as projects come up needing process or systems support.
- Works with AMR teams to define SAP and system needs to drive business outcome needs.
- Liaison with IT on business priorities and communication of issues.
- Documents processes and audits business functions to insure alignment with global processes.
- Supports Subject Matter Experts in global organization through training. Acts as an escalation point when they are unable to address regional issues.
- Supports major IT projects and releases. Clearly communicates business requirements and needs when working with other functions.
- Collaborates with Customer Care, Portfolio, Supply Chain, and other support functions on process definition and alignment.
- Bachelor degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
- We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering, or other related discipline
- Technical writing capabilities
- Strong Presentation/Communication skills
- SAP/CRM and ECC knowledge
- Understanding of IT Agile processes
- Experience with asset management, parts management, and reliability and knowledge of business processes
- Communicates in a professional manner
- Effectively manages his/her own natural reactions so there are no behaviors getting in the way of his/her effectiveness
- Self-starter and ability to complete tasks independently, on time
- Team player with the ability to integrate with other stakeholders
- Ability to communicate to different levels within RA and with customers
- Complete tasks independently with a high level of accuracy and on-time. Multi-tasking may be required.
- Is open to change and is a relentless and versatile learner.
- Ability to manage global delivery differences and communicate them to internal stakeholders
- Occasional travel off-site to support program needs
- Timely completion of company training (Safety, Ethics, role specific)
- Understand the expectations of the position and time commitments in order to complete tasks on-time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).