Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Location: Eden Prairie - Minnesota
SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Performance Engineering Manager is responsible for leading the Performance Engineering Team within the Motion business. Primary responsibilities include providing engineering support for customer and product quality issues, developing the plan, and delivering material cost reduction (MCR) savings consistent with the annual operating plan (AOP). The team is also responsible for direct support of the Integrated Supply Chain organization for component obsolescence and material substitutions. The Performance Engineering Manager is responsible for work direction and professional development of the Performance Engineering Team.
- Engineering technical skills in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Direct experience in lean or six sigma tools.
- Knowledge of motion products and applications that can be leveraged to help solve customer application or product quality issues.
- Identify and prioritize gaps to be closed by the product development and manufacturing processes.
- Assess products and process for their ability to meet customer requirement including capability, reliability, and robustness.
- Develop and implement process improvements within performance engineering to continually improve the team's performance.
- Manages the MCR activities for the motion business.
- Ensure statistically based decisions in specification tolerance and process capability, based on thorough feedback data analysis.
- Knowledge of industrial automation applications.
- The ability to provide work direction to a cross functional engineering team.
- Conduct performance management activities for performance engineering team.
- Work with the performance engineering team to develop and execute meaningful professional development plans.
- Identify ideas with other functional leaders, employees and customers to create opportunities for quality improvement throughout the organization.
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and influence. Demonstrated competency working across business unit lines with an integrated team to achieve positive objectives.
- Provides input and feedback to key leadership positions about quality and productivity process improvement opportunities.
- Provides functional leadership with awareness, knowledge and guidance of Lean Six Sigma principles, methodologies and tools to support achievement of RA business objectives.
- Provides mentorship to key personnel around technical skill development and career planning.
- Delivers MCR savings consistent with the AOP.
- Prioritizes performance engineering tasks consistent with the overall motion business strategy.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Engineering or other related functional areas.
- Engineering team leadership experience
- Masters in Engineering
- Engineering management experience
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience within industrial functional area
- Global product proficiency and understanding
- Understands and demonstrates how to tie customer and operational demands with enabling technologies that can help drive differentiated products with high levels of production quality and reliability.
- Able to communicate effectively through teaching and training others.
- Demonstrated success at launching a new process and utilization of analytical and process improvement tools and methods; e.g. DFSS, ICR, Lean and other marketing, engineering, quality and manufacturing analysis tools.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).