Location: Denver - Colorado
Position will be located in Denver, CO.
The Consulting Field Support Engineer serves as a primary contact for Rockwell Automation's customers. They are focused on improving customer relationships by resolving commercial and technical issues. The Field Support Engineer works on a variety of commercial and technical issues both independently and with a team. Other activities of the Field Support Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Provide customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment
- Serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple topics
- Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting
- Provide leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.)
- Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details
- Provide customer support through Remote Support (Phone, Vuforia Chalk, etc.) overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and system
- Support an environment conducive to successful team interaction and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies, and procedures as appropriate for this position
- This position will require the ability to travel throughout the service area
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology field; in lieu of degree, will consider an Associates of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent technological training (e.g. technological training received while serving in the military, or equivalent industry training), with 10+ years of directly related experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience
- PLC programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500,5000, FactoryTalk Studio software.
- HMI application development utilizing RSView32, RSView ME/SE FactoryTalk View SE/ME software.
- Recommended to have advanced software knowledge including Historian SE, AssetCentre, VBA programming language, Virtualization, Windows Security
- Experience with EtherNet networking, EtherNet Switch configuration, EtherNet application layer architecture knowledge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).