Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation is looking for an innovative engineer to join our global embedded software organization based in Cleveland, Ohio. In this role, you will have the opportunity to solve highly complex technical problems, and to grow into a software architect or manager role.
- Develop safety- and security-critical embedded software for new Programmable Logic Controllers
- Work in a variety of hardware and software environments, ranging from commercial off-the-shelf to custom System on Chip architectures, and from general purpose to embedded real-time operating systems
- Use modern continuous integration and development tools, and promote continuous improvement of engineering tools and practices across the global development organization
- Participate as a member of an agile team within the Scaled Agile Framework, and actively monitor and improve the overall health, predictability, and velocity of the team as well as the larger Agile Release Train
- Lead high- and detailed-level design of controller features and subsystems, providing coordination across agile development teams, system and controller architects, marketing, and management
- Partner with development, functional test, and system test personnel to construct testable requirements; design and implement test plans to meet product requirements; promote reliable automated test engineering practices and technology
- Mentor less experienced personnel, and encourage knowledge sharing and learning among the development community
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent knowledge in the application of software engineering principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience with demonstrated professional development in software design and development
- Advanced courses or degree in engineering, computer science or controls
- knowledge in the application of software engineering principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Ability to understand and apply knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques, especially in C++
- Experience in applying security constructs to a protocol or product
- Experience using SSL, TLS, DTLS, IPSec or other secure protocol mechanisms
- Experience with cryptography concepts and commonly used mechanisms
- Ability to direct the day-to-day technical activities of a small team of engineers
- Previous experience working with real-time embedded development environments
- Experience developing software to meet safety and security standards such as IEC 61508 or IEC 62443
- Experience developing automated tests and tools in a high level language such as Python
- In depth knowledge of software engineering and application of engineering principles and practices in a related field
- Experience working with industrial protocols, especially Common Industrial Protocol (CIP)
- Knowledge of communication protocols and technologies such as Ethernet, USB, or PCI Express
- Experience designing and developing embedded systems using a Secure Development Life cycle
- Knowledge of modern Intel and ARM architectures
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).