Johnson County Public Health is seeking an Emergency Preparedness Planner to coordinate Johnson County Public Health's (JCPH) emergency preparedness planning efforts, assist in the response to public health emergencies and disaster recovery efforts by assisting the Community Health Manager in emergency preparedness duties while developing and implementing emergency preparedness plans and protocols for JCPH. Coordinate various forms of communications to support departmental and emergency preparedness information; support Public Information Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public or Community Health, Emergency Management or related field AND two years of work experience in a related area OR any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Completion of ICS/NIMS training within one year of hire.
- Valid driver's license and insurable under county liability coverage.
- May require use of private vehicle for official business.
- Starting salary $28.93-34.71 /hour plus excellent benefits.
To learn more about this position and to apply, please visit our website by clicking apply now.
Applications are accepted until March 14, 2021.
Resume and cover letter must be attached with online application.