County of Ventura
An Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY RANGE (approximate)
$75,561.98 - $105,797.38 Annually
This posting is for the Ventura County County Executive Office; vacancy location is Ventura and may require travel throughout Ventura County.
What We Offer
The County of Ventura offers an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- A general salary increase of 2% effective December 26, 2021.
- Educational Incentive for completion of: 2.5% for an Associate's degree, 3.5% for a Bachelor's degree, or 5% for a Master's degree.
- Annual Leave Redemption: The option to cash out up to 100 hours of total 208 hours of Annual Leave accrued per year.
- Deferred Compensation: Section 457 Plan and/or 401(k) Shared Savings Plan with up to a 3% match on your 401(k) contributions.
- Health Plans: You are afforded a flexible credit allowance of up to $16,692 annually for purchasing medical, dental, and/or vision insurance from a group of authorized plans.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Pre-tax benefit towards eligible medical, dental, and vision care expenses.
- Pension Plan: Participation in the County's defined benefit plan which has reciprocity with CalPERS.
- Bilingual Incentive: Proficiency levels by exam are $.65 per hour (Level I), $.80 per hour (Level II), or $1.10 per hour (Level III).
- Holidays: 11 paid days per year which includes a scheduled floating holiday.
Under supervision of the Deputy Executive Officer – Disability Management Division, the Disability and Absence Management Specialist assists in the management of disabled employees and administration of the County's leave policies. The incumbent is the subject matter expert in the County's leave management, accommodations and centralized disability management computer system (Presagia), providing consultation and assistance to all agency and department Human Resources representatives.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience in disability as well as leave of absence management including the interactive process and reasonable accommodation; experience with the development and implementation of automated systems; and public speaking experience necessary for delivering presentations. The incumbent may lead or assist in Interactive Process meetings with disabled employees, and mentor, train and provide guidance to Human Resource professionals in leave management, applying disability management practices and utilization of the County centralized disability management tracking system (Presagia). The incumbent must be able to demonstrate compassion and discretion while working with sensitive employee disability issues, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and able to work independently.
PAYROLL TITLE: Risk Analyst
AGENCY/DEPARTMENT: County Executive Office, Disability Management Division
Risk Analyst is a Management classification and is not eligible for overtime compensation. Incumbents in this classification are eligible for benefits at the MU4 level.
OPENING DATE: February 5, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Continuous (Please note that applications will be reviewed and processed frequently due to the pressing need to fill the position. Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.)
Examples Of Duties
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary administrator and software liaison for the County's centralized disability management leave and accommodation tracking system (Presagia), entailing training agency staff in program utilization, preparing assistive instructional guides, maintaining software and compiling data for analytical reports.
- Lead, assist and facilitate Interactive Process meetings with disabled employees and agency representatives and assist with negotiating work-related accommodation and return to work arrangements.
- Provide department/agency Human Resources representatives direction to resolve disability and leave management issues.
- Train and mentor Human Resources representatives in disability and leave management principles and best practices.
- Assist with planning and organizing daily activities of the Disability Management program while maintaining compliance with governing laws and regulations including ADA Amendments Act, CFRA, FMLA, PDL, etc.
- Create, analyze and interpret reports and documents, including departmental leave and accommodation reports associated with disability management.
- Prepare and review policy manuals regarding leave and disability management to conform to applicable laws and best practices.
- Participates in continuing education on LOA topics to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Assist in the investigation of the validity of disability retirement applications and coordinate return to work opportunities for permanent disabilities with county Human Resource staff facilitating potential disability retirement rehabilitation opportunities.
- Attend and testify at hearings regarding case specific issues.
- Assist in compiling data for various Risk Management programs.
- Monitor worker's compensation claims to aide and enhance return to work opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
These are entrance requirements to the examination process and assure neither continuance in the process nor placement on an eligible list.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. A typical combination is completion of a Bachelor's degree and three (3) years' experience in disability management and/or leave of absence management. Additional years of experience in disability management with a history of conducting Interactive Process meetings with disabled employees may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Considerable experience with disability and/or leave of absence management
- Experience with the interactive process including conducting interactive process meetings with employees for workplace accommodations and/or return to work
- Considerable knowledge and experience applying laws including ADA, CFRA, FMLA, PDL, etc.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver license and be willing and able to travel throughout the County
- Physical Requirements: Primarily office environment with travel to County facilities and extensive keyboard use.
- Excellent computer skills, written communication skills must be demonstrated in the completion of the employment application and supplemental questionnaire.
- Knowledge and experience in managing a leave case management/tracking system
- Knowledge and experience managing COVID-19 leaves of absence
- Possession of Certified Professional in Disability Management or similar designations from the Insurance Educational Association or Disability Management Employer Coalition.
- Experience coordinating benefits, payroll and employee leaves.
- Advanced computer technical skills for data analysis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of:
- Forms of leave available for employees and application of leave management procedures as well as the law and procedures for accommodating disabled employees;
- Applicable laws including ADA, CFRA, FMLA, PDL, etc.
- System or software development, testing, and implementation.
Considerable skill in:
- MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet resources.
- Demonstrate compassion, sensitivity, and tact when dealing with employee issues such as disability, diseases or disorders;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Plan, organize, and prioritize work and effectively manage time;
- Research, analyze, and interpret data;
- Investigate and evaluate applications for leave and requests for accommodation; handle emotional and difficult situations while providing responsive, respectful, courteous and fair service;
- Conduct department audits; provide computer support for Human Resource users; and organize and adjust priorities while managing multiple assignments;
- Prepare a variety of reports and recommendations;
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, as well as speaking in public.
Click “Apply Now” To Apply Directly on Our Website