Are you looking to find personal and professional fulfillment, and align your career with your values?
At Gateway Foundation, our employees have an opportunity to make a difference every day by helping people with substance abuse issues gain control of their lives.
Gateway Foundation is a recognized non-profit leader in evidence-based treatment proven to get results. Our experts in Addiction Medicine—including highly educated clinical and medical professionals and expert psychiatrists and nurses—deliver care that never stops. Throughout Gateway’s proud history of helping others, dedicated and professional employees have been vital to accomplishing our life-saving mission.
If you are a collaborative professional who shares our commitment to helping people with substance abuse and mental health issues turn their lives around – GATEWAY IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!
Care Advocate - Access Center Representative
SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE
This life saving position is the initial point of contact for our customers and referral sources, for those looking for help. The Care Advocate is responsible for engaging with callers and responding to messages about Gateway treatment services, admission eligibility and the advantages of recovery. In addition, the Care Advocate does:
- Assist callers seeking help for substance use and mental health issues
- Gather and exchange information based on the caller’s needs.
- Communicate information about Gateway treatment services, locations and levels of care
- Answer incoming calls and make outbound calls to individuals needing help, family members, hospitals, and other healthcare professionals.
- Document customer information in our CRM
- Follow-up with customers to confirm appointments, provide additional information and address questions
- Facilitates admission process by confirming information, connecting customer to appropriate treatment center and relaying information to coordinate care.
- High school diploma or general education equivalency
- Healthcare or Behavioral Health experience a plus
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Compassion and empathy to appropriately respond to customer’s needs
- Ability to toggle between multiple computer systems and screens while speaking with customers
- Ability to respond to emails, chats, text and instant messages
- High attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to speak with others to gather and exchange information.
- Ability to multitask, working with texting, fielding multi-line calls, and communicating via instant messaging in a concurrent manner on a consistent basis.
- Ability to proofread, check and verify data and text from printed form and computer monitor display.
- Ability to use a keyboard and monitor to enter, retrieve, and/or audit information and data.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
Gateway Foundation values its employees and provides an inclusive and diverse work environment where dedicated employees can make a difference. We are committed to engaging and rewarding our employees in meaningful ways. For eligible employees, we provide a Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Health Insurance - Including a wellness premium incentive opportunity
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off - Including 18 days of PTO and 9 paid holidays in the first year
- Catastrophic Absence Time (CAT) - Accrue up to seven days annually, to be used during an extended personal illness
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with company match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gateway is a qualified employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.