Circuit Methodology Design Engineer
Beaverton , Oregon , United States
Posted: Feb 19, 2021
Role Number: 200224669
Do you have a passion for crafting entirely new solutions? As part of our Digital Design Engineering group, you'll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality! You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if needed, bringing forward-thinking ideas to the real world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking, often literally. Join us, and you'll help design the tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they've never before envisioned! You will be part of an exciting silicon design group that is responsible for designing state-of-the-art ASICs. We have an extraordinary opportunity for circuit design automation engineers. You will be working with custom digital circuit group and will work with the team to optimize methodology automation for implementing advanced circuit techniques to improve circuit performance, optimize dynamic/static power and support full bring up through productization. This is a highly visible role at the heart of a processor design effort, making a critical impact delivering products to market quickly.
- We are looking for applicants with 10+ years circuit design methodology experience.
- Experience with circuit simulators for developing caches/SRAM design for low voltage and low power operating conditions.
- Knowledge of FE modeling/Verilog and/or VHDL, and experience with simulators and waveform debugging tools.
- Experience with transistor level STA tools.
- Knowledge of industry standards circuit and design tools.
- Proven understanding of device physics and process.
- Extensive scripting experience.
Imagine yourself at the center of our hardware development effort. Where you will collaborate with all fields, playing a strategic role of getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will have the opportunity to integrate and come-up with optimization techniques for circuit architectures, as well as work with a team of hardworking engineers. As a Circuit Methodology Designer for custom digital team, you will perform the following:
Define circuit methodology automation for design and implementation of SRAM design.
Responsible for working with design/CAD team to formulate automation specifications.
Automate architecture/topologies optimizing for power, timing, area and yield.
Apply machine learning to optimize layout methodology.
RTL, DV/DFT modeling and validation methodology for custom circuits.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.