Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 19, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200223316
We are looking for a SRE Manager committed to leading our Reliability Engineering teams. This position is based in Austin, Texas. Whether you're thinking Site or Service, this SRE organization has ownership of it all. We're as actively involved with the infrastructure and operating systems as with the Java code, databases and networking. Our SREs are specialists on our services from the business logic down to the metal.
- Extensive experience leading teams responsible for customer facing systems in a high uptime 24-7 environment
- Expertise analyzing sophisticated application, database, network, and OS issues across a distributed large scale business critical system
- Demonstrated dedication to actively supervising quality of service using tools like Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus etc.
- A depth and breadth of experience with server side Java development, relational databases, eventually consistent, high efficiency, cluster-based NoSQL solutions and distributed streaming platforms.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills - Lead by example to empower and challenge the team to deliver their best.
- Strong Experience leading multi-functional initiatives and thought leadership
- Ability to look at bigger picture and execute sophisticated tasks.
- Have a passion for automation by crafting tools using Python, Java or other JVM languages
We are looking for a SRE Manager who will manage SRE-centric efforts across independent functional teams comprised of software development, systems engineering, network, monitoring, & capacity teams. You will have a proven track record to solve problems whether they require a rapid response or a long-term strategy. You will know when to make a critical decision or gain multi-functional consensus. Responsibilities will include: Building software and systems to manage infrastructure and applications through automation Deployment, support and monitoring of existing and new services, platforms, and application stacks Develop a broad interpersonal perspective to facilitate strategic views around new projects and be able to facilitate discussions focusing on prioritization of existing projects. Build and maintain extensive work plans detailing sophisticated technical projects in a fast paced engineering environment. Measurement and optimization of system performance Capacity planning and management Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities forward and solve tomorrow's problems not just today's Controlling and reporting progress to the Project Steering Group/Project Sponsor and raising any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Prove your ability to manage deadlines and meet financial, capacity and personnel constraints while successfully completing your projects on time! Identify inter-dependencies between the various partner groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent work experience.