Title: Technical Project Lead
No of Positions: 1
Work Location: Novi, MI
Job Code: TPL-HCS-M-02
1. Analyze customer requirements and create test cases based on specifications. Ensure traceability of requirements to test cases.
2. Develop automation framework to perform testing on Harman Infotainment Platforms and Write test scripts to test internal and customer specifications for both unit and system level for infotainment features.
3. Work in a team of engineers validating/qualifying software for multiple infotainment products for various car manufacturers.
4. Perform system validation on infotainment modules in both vehicle and bench setups for Vehicle interface, Multimedia, Bluetooth-WiFi and connectivity features. Validate Phone Projection such as Carplay and Android Auto features.
5. Build test setups for functional testing and automation testing on Infotainment modules. Create simulation using Controller Area Network(CAN) based tools to replicate vehicle environment.
6. Perform infotainment safety features testing like critical chimes, collision detections and emergency calling using simulation/tools. Create simulation modules and test ADAS features like Collision warning, Lane sensing, Auto-park assist, cross traffic alerts etc.
7. Create test reports of errors with supporting traces, log files and excellent descriptions. Reproduce defects, verify fixed/resolved issues. Identify test scenarios based on functional and business requirements, create and maintain test cases.
8. Create daily/weekly reports for validation/automation test results, publish to customer and project teams. Coordinate with customer team member for status updates, unblocking issues and ensure timely deliverables.
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign Equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics/Telecommunication or related and 5 Years of overall progressive experience in the IT industry.
Alternate: Master’s degree (or foreign Equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics/Telecommunication or related and 3 Years of overall progressive experience in the IT industry.
• Expertise in functional and non-functional software testing, software test life cycle, test methods, technology and tools for infotainment.
• Good working knowledge of CAN protocol, CAN analyzer tools and CAPL scripting. Expertise in testing on Android Platform, Android Applications. Experience in analyzing product requirements from customers. Expertise in automation with CAN, infotainment test automation, scripting languages.
• Experience programming with Python with Automotive and Infotainment domains. Working knowledge in Unit test of APIs.
• Expert in test case development, test execution, test management, test status reporting.
• Experience with defect management tools.
• Experience in GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins, continuous automation integration, Shell, Batch scripting.
• Experience with logging tools. Coordinate with test and development teams working in different time zones. Tools & technologies required to perform the job: MS Office, Android testing, Wi-Fi, BT, CAN, Neo VI, Vehicle Spy, CANoe.