Support Operations & Technologies Data Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 21, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200222711
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Are you passionate about building an extraordinary customer experience? The Support Operations and Technologies Data team is looking for a dynamic and motivated candidate for the role of a Data Engineer. This role will require partnering with multi-functional teams to analyze data and processes to provide opportunities and insights that improve the operation our global contact center teams.
- 3+ years of data analytics or business analytics experience
- Aptitude for synthesizing sophisticated data into key components that drive informed decisions
- Excellent time-management skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Flexible and able to multitask in a deeply dynamic business
- Extraordinary analytic, problem solving, and written/oral communication skills
- Strong Tableau experience
- Experience with database platforms and reporting tools such as SQL, Teradata, Hadoop, Oracle, and/or MemSQL
- Well-organized, detail oriented with excellent follow through
- Excellent analytical mentality and attention to detail, especially in predicting and preventing potential future challenges
- Ability to maintain a global perspective and see beyond current issues in order to understand downstream impacts of decisions
- Self-motivated, driven individuals who are comfortable working in a global, fast-paced, often ambiguous environment with the ability to work with multi-functional teams
- Extraordinary teammate with a positive demeanor, high emotional intelligence and the ability to make decisions
Our Data Analysts become specialists in AppleCare's systems and processes to help motivate change across the world. In collaboration with the business, you will develop data-driven approaches to distill big data into action. As the authority in AppleCare Support Data you will define requirements for the data points collected across AppleCare Support technologies and applications. You will partner with other organizations to ingest and validate data, and assist in educating consumers in utilizing the data efficiently. You will think creatively and strategically, executing AppleCare Support strategies to make definitive and measurable improvements in support of the global Contact Center. You will provide leadership in a multi-functional environment to articulate data requirements to senior leadership, product owners, and business customers. The ability to think out of the box and influence peers and management with data driven models is a must have. Able to maximize data development using appropriate tools, standard methodologies, and techniques, to create quality data at the right time and place to support decisions is a measure of success for this role. Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills is desired.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Data Analytics, or related quantitative social/physical science field.