Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 21, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200224282
Do you love solving complex challenges? Are you an inventive self-starter who takes pride in making ideas come to life on a global scale? Are you passionate about developing big-data platforms using creative algorithms to process petabytes of data with very low latency? If so, join Apple Cloud Services (ACS) Data Platform team to design and build a scalable big-data platform that is used across Apple. As part of Apple Cloud Services (ACS) you will have a meaningful role in designing, developing, and deploying high-performance systems that handle billions of queries every single day. This enormous scale brings challenges that require extraordinarily creative problem solving. By focusing on and respecting the customer's needs, you'll be responsible for helping us build the technology that works for so many customers around the world. We are looking for Engineers and Architects who are passionate about crafting big-data products. This role requires deep understanding of developing products that are highly scalable, highly available and fully fault tolerant.
- Strong programming expertise in Java, Scala and scripting languages, preferably with critical, large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience engineering modern Analytics and Big Data technologies, with proven expertise in Presto at scale is a plus.
- Experience with contribution to Open Source projects is a plus.
- Experience in cluster management/orchestration software like Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Helm charts, Docker is a plus.
- Ability to design large-scale, complex applications with excellent run-time characteristics such as low-latency, fault-tolerance and availability.
- Good understanding of different real time analytics storage solutions like Druid, Pinot is a plus.
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, team, and the organization.
- Deeply concerned about excellence and quality.
- Loves fast paced environment and learning new technologies.
Loves fast paced environment and learning new technologies We are building and supporting critical infrastructural systems and frameworks which provide and support services like structured and unstructured storage, caching, queueing, searching, and much more. We are looking for a strong, enthusiastic developer to join as a member of this group. This person will have a tremendous amount of individual responsibility and influence over the direction of many critical Apple internet services for years to come. You are someone with ideas and real passion for software delivered as a service to improve reuse, efficiency, and simplicity. This engineer's work will affect hundreds of millions of users and be essential to the success of some of the most visible current and future Apple features.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.