Display Firmware/Driver Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 22, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200223091
The Display Driver Architecture team within the Interactive Media Group (IMG) delivers the GPU software for display, power-management, content-protection, and other technologies for Apple's systems. We are looking for an outstanding firmware, driver and system architect/engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will be a high-energy problem solver with a passion for excellence and a track record for getting the job done. You are results oriented, upbeat and focused. You will be an innovator who wants to work on groundbreaking technologies and who is driven to make a difference.
- Programming skills and knowledge of C and/or C++
- Experience in kernel level device drivers and/or firmware
- Understand Computer system architecture
- Software Design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This team delivers production drivers and firmwares for all of Apple's existing and future products. The display team is heavily involved in new product development, including software features ranging from UI composition and video playback to various backlight and panel technologies, plus power management, silicon architecture, development and validation.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree or equivalent years of experience