Electrical Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Feb 23, 2021
Role Number: 200225107
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior engineers to join our hardware engineering team.
- Experience managing senior development teams in a high paced, international environment.
- Strong analytical skills, creative attitude and enthusiastic manager.
- Demonstrated capability to lead the electrical design of of complex automated manufacturing equipment involving motion, extensive electrical system integration, and custom embedded electronics development.
- Advanced knowledge of real time embedded system design using microcontroller + FPGA control architecture along with associated power electronics, signal conditioning, and output stages.
- Experience with piezo actuator electronics design a plus
- Low noise, high stability analog signal design experience desired
- Proficiency with servo control algorithms, analysis, tuning, and performance validation
- Experience in FPGA and MCU programming
- Proven capability developing and deploying embedded PCB designs for production: Design for reliability, HALT/HASS testing, board calibration/matching, and supporting designs in the field.
- UI development for embedded systems a plus
As a senior manager, you will lead a small internal development team and leverage Apple's supply chain to develop new equipment and bring it to mass production. You will work closely with the systems and software teams to develop world class systems. We are looking for individuals who are very innovative with a proven track record both in development and volume manufacturing.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Engineering discipline, 10+ years related technical experience, 5+ years management experience.