BMC seeks an EHS&S Manager to coordinate and oversee Environmental, Health, Safety & Security (EHS&S) programs at our manufacturing plant located in Mesquite, TX.
The EHSS Manager will provide program management, technical oversight, and expertise to assist site leadership with the development, implementation and oversight of EHS&S programs. The position is responsible for helping to drive an improved safety culture and for implementing and managing standardized EHS&S processes to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations as well as corporate policies and standards. This position will specifically focus on improving and safeguarding the health and safety of all associates and ensuring compliance.
The EHSS Manager will report to the Corporate EHSS Director and will have the following responsibilities not limited to:
- Support regulatory compliance, interpretation of regulatory applicability, interaction with local, state, and federal regulators including negotiation/discussion of remedial activities as local subject matter expert.
- Oversee/implement local EHSS training programs and training assessments to ensure required training is conducted. Conduct applicable training courses on-site as required.
- Assist in the development and support of the local site safety committee and advise on safety and health issues.
- Work with site leadership on investigation and root cause analysis (RCA) of loss events such as injuries, spills and near miss hit events and assist with development and tracking of corrective action plans.
- Coordinate/participate in regular audits or inspections of EHSS processes and necessary follow up to ensure compliance.
- Support system to manage process changes / new equipment programs at the concept stage to ensure that EHSS design specifications and regulations are included.
- Manage routine safety reports including data acquisition, documentation, record keeping, monitoring, review, and approval.
- Coordinate communication of EHSS regulatory inspection activity with plant/corporate leadership.
- Lead EHSS projects to improve EHS key performance metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field
- 7+ years of safety, environmental, engineering or related experience in a manufacturing, distribution and or R&D center environment
- Successful experience leading projects and teams or committees is a must
- Strong understanding of federal, state and local regulations and requirements
- Flexibility to work outside of normal or routine work hours -- if needed or as required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative spirit with strong team and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel 1-3 times per year
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and/or other software
Safety related professional certifications e.g. CSP, CIH, preferred
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.