Evaluates patients for cardiopulmonary rehab services and provides appropriate therapy, including exercise, education, and counseling according to department policies and procedures. Assesses effectiveness of interventions and documents according to department standards.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Conducts intake evaluations through screening, interviewing and examining individuals according to department standards. Performs duties according to established standards for age groups adult through geriatric.
- Performs physiological monitoring including blood pressure, pulse, pulse oximetry, EKG and assessment of exercise response and documents according to department standards.
- Performs patient and family education and counseling and documents according to department standards. Performs as clinical charge person in the absence of Cardiopulmonary supervisor when designated.
- Participates in QI, outcomes collection and data analysis, and assists with program evaluation and marketing.
- Performs and documents emergency treatment according to BLS and ACLS standards and within scope of practice.
- 1 year clinical experience in Cardiopulmonary Rehab or 3 years in critical/intermediate care.
- CPR - American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification.
- Current ACLS certification.
- Adherence to the credentialing requirements of AAMC as stated in the nursing bylaws.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.