Sr. Health Sensing Data Engineer
San Diego , California , United States
Posted: Feb 23, 2021
Role Number: 200225710
Our team is growing! Here is your opportunity to come and join an exciting engineering team responsible for building next-generation health sensors and features. The Human Interface Devices team is looking for hardworking and passionate engineers with expertise in data pipelines to support health study engineering. This is an integral role where you will help design, develop, and support high quality, scalable data platforms and applications that enable health sensors and health features for Apple hardware.
- Strong software development skills, with a proficiency in both Object Oriented and Functional Python required
- Demonstrated skill and experience with parallel computing systems such as PySpark and SparkSQL
- Familiarity working with systems such as blob storage, elastic compute and virtual instances
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycles and the tools and methodologies that support them such as git, continuous integration, issue tracking, code reviews, quality assurance processes and scheduling.
- Pro-active communicator and collaborator, comfortable working within a distributed team
As a Data Engineer in this central role you will: - Facilitate the engineering of large scale Human Interface Device studies involving the Apple Watch and iPhone - Be directly responsible for the health study data collection and processing pipelines - Work with the Data Engineering team to develop general use tooling - Collaborate with Algorithm Engineering on data collection, processing, and distribution - Collaborate with Quality Engineering and Study Operations to design and implement frameworks to enable pipeline validation, monitoring and study management. Your work will directly impact the development of health-related features across multiple Apple hardware platforms. The ideal candidate has demonstrable experience solving novel problems with unique data streams using various tools and strategies including parallel computing systems.
Education & Experience
Bachelor/Masters Degree in Computer Science, 3+ years of programming experience, 1+ year distributed computing with Spark.
- Supporting data collection, curation and data provenance when working with machine learning models.
- Exposure to Signal Processing, numeric methods and data collection from embedded systems
- Experience with statistical inference methods for scientific experimentation
- Experience with Scala
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.