Sr. Camera Electrical Engineer - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Feb 23, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200212302
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver extraordinary hardware to enable exclusive camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow's challenges.
- You will have 10+ years experience in system level design and architecture with demonstrated background in driving optimal HW/SW/FW system partitioning
- Experience with camera technology covering sensing, control and signal processing
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of EE, CE and Physics principles
- Prior experience prototyping new technologies and Capable of prototyping, metrology, conducting design of experiments, and analytical data processing.
- Strong knowledge of EE design and layout for low-noise linear and switching power supply circuits
- Hands-on experience in electronic design, including component selection, schematic design, and capture with tools like Cadence Allegro and OrCAD
- Extensive experience with EE design for digital circuits, including high-speed video interfaces and low-speed serial control interfaces
- Broad knowledge of engineering concepts (device behavior, data analysis, and systems modeling)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
Work cross-functionally to develop hardware/system architectures for novel camera systems Evaluate problem space to determine key system requirements Evaluate solution space including system constraint discovery to determine creative architectural implementation approaches Develop & drive module level architecture and specifications to the implementation phase including component selection, design, supervising layout and simulation, validation and system integration. Lead and direct X-functional teams to resolve critical SIPI issues Author clear and comprehensive electrical test documentation for manufacturing partners to complete test and validation and work with them to develop new test equipment and procedures for camera module validation and production test. Develop electronic prototypes for new camera features and product concepts
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering CS/CE or industry experience equivalent
- Experience in system designs with Application processors and/or FPGA's
- Familiarity with micro-controller and instrument programming
- Experience using Matlab and/or Labview
- Occasional travel may be required, but is not a critical component of this position.
- Additional languages a plus.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiar with image quality evaluation methodology and general optical metrology
- Knowledge of CMOS image sensor and camera module
- Knowledge at least one programming languages: Matlab, Python for lab equipment control, data collection and data analysis
- Experience with keynote presentation is a plus
- Knowledge of volume manufacturing is a plus