Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Do you want to make a difference in the world? At Rockwell Automation you can do just that and more. Rockwell is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and sustainable. Rockwell is recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2020. We place a high value on integrity which fosters an environment where all employees can and want to do their best work. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, please visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
What Rockwell Brings to You
Rockwell cares about our employees and our benefits package is just one way we support you. Outside the industry expected benefits, Rockwell provides paid parental leave, flexible work schedules, summer hours depending on business needs and eligibility for an annual bonus. To learn more about our Benefits Package, please visit https://raquickfind.com/.
What Rockwell Needs from You
We are looking for a Product Manager to manage a product line including product planning, product definition, profit and loss, sales performance, forecasting, product margin, promotion and product life cycle management and developing strategies to optimize the performance of existing and new products. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating with development engineering and manufacturing regarding the activities of strategic business partners relative to assigned products. This position interacts frequently with Marketing, Sales, third party partners and other Rockwell product groups, and may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Define the architectural strategy and content of the product line, including performance objectives and functional specifications with cost, price and reliability objectives.
- Determine the total market (domestic and international) and available market for the product line and for preparing product demand forecasts. Responsible for meeting market share and product line profitability commitments to the business.
- Gather customer / market requirements for product enhancements across all global regions. Use this information to create customer centric market requirements to the engineering and test teams for product development.
- Determine product pricing and recommended pricing policies based on established gross margin objectives and preparation of plans for margin improvement where necessary. Cost data must be obtained from Engineering and Operations to justify product viability and must be monitored during product life cycle to insure cost reduction and gross margin objectives.
- Understand product sales performance in each region, collaborating with marketing and sales to deliver growth goals through the development of programs and or sales support for conversions and projects.
- Product promotion and product introductions, including sales and support staff training. Also responsible for product promotion plans including trade shows, product literature plan, product training plan and product distribution plan to achieve business objectives. Responsible for coordination with Sales, Commercial Marketing, Technical Support, Training Center and other groups as appropriate to implement the plans.
- Competitive analysis and formulation of competitive counter strategies for all new products and existing products. Prepares a quarterly competitive review for each product along with an annual report that is used as a basis for the Strategic Plan.
- Product life cycle management including initiation of product improvements, enhancements, approval of change notices and product obsolescence consistent with business objectives.
- Attend technical symposiums and exhibits on industrial control systems to maintain knowledge on available and competitive technology and for presenting papers and seminars as appropriate to promote RA products.
- Provide commercial support for post-sale product issues, including those involving quality, delivery or pricing.
- Establish, execute and report on product line growth initiatives.
- Responsible for leading subcontract management. Insure LDP engineer assignments. Lead intern pool in support of objectives. Provide product leadership on projects to insure product features, performance and time to market requirements are met. Work closely with project managers, engineering and quality on specified projects. Provide field leadership in all regions by proactively engaging each regional marketing lead.
- Responsible for providing a 5+ year market focus of financially and/or strategically critical product line(s). Reports deviation from approved plans at least quarterly and recommends corrective action. Works with Business Managers and other product marketing staff to achieve coordination among business units.
- Provide leadership in decision-making and problem-solving to ensure successful product line business performance.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO 9001, ISO 14000, etc.) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
- Responsible for obtaining agreement with Engineering and Operations on product implementation plans, for measuring progress against plans and for acting as product program manager to measure and direct compliance with the plans.
- Responsible for coordination of the activities with strategic business partners and standards organizations in order to achieve strategic objectives.
- Responsible for interacting with support groups within Software and Control for support of customer projects, quotations and sales presentations. Provides product specifications, pricing and availability plus product presentations.
- Responsible for defining and communicating market and customer requirements through interaction with Project Teams, Business Teams, and other departments to maximize market success.
- Analyze and communicate current global product line performance, performance drivers and recommended actions.
- Recognized by management and peers as an advisor on issues beyond assigned product line(s) and current business practices.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, and trains and motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
- Travel requirements: up to 25%, combined domestic and international.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical fields, or equivalent experience in industry. Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of experience with pricing, leadership, influence and forecasting.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- May be asked to mentor and/or provide guidance to more junior team members.
- Should have demonstrated experience managing/influencing others.
- Automation industry knowledge, with control system background desired.
- HMI experience a plus.
- Strong customer relationship management skills and ability to collaborate effectively with various functional groups and peer business units.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and influencing capabilities, efficient in Microsoft Office products, and an ability to work with a geographically dispersed team to achieve position objectives.
- Previous product marketing management responsibility and demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Proven experience in growing revenue and market share globally.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).