Automation Engineer, Apple Pay
New York City , New York , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 24, 2021
Role Number: 200226157
Here at Apple, we build products that revolutionize entire industries. It's the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are always on the lookout to improve our efficiency squeeze that last bit of performance, creatively scale and increase the reliability of our payment services that power Apple Online Store, AppStore, Apple Music, and more. Apple Pay brought mobile payments to millions of customers, and it's just the beginning. Are you passionate about building massively scalable services that surprise and delight? Do you have a natural curiosity for learning new technologies? If you answered yes, the Apple Pay Performance Engineering team wants to hear from you.
- Excellent programming skills in Java. (Python a plus)
- Understanding of data structures, software design principles and algorithms.
- Expertise at implementing load generation, test automation and performance monitoring frameworks.
- Highly passionate to play with open-source software.
- Expertise in design and development of data intensive applications.
- Experience with public cloud technologies.
- Experience with latest SQL/NoSQL data-stores, InMemory Key-Value Stores, Search (Elastic or similar) and Messaging (Kafka or similar) a plus.
- Experience in developing front-end tools and visualization is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Performance Engineering fundamentals.
- Strong teammate with high level of commitment and excellent communication skills.
We are seeking a self-driven automation and performance engineer who will help design and implement performance measurement and analysis tools. Support both internal and external users of our software to help them get maximum performance out of our frameworks. Help maintain existing performance tools and help design and implement new ones as needed. Actively participate in cross-functional meetings to communicate performance status, highlight risks and offer mitigation strategies. Mentor junior performance engineers in the team. And finally help evangelize performance automation and best practices across Apple.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience