iOS Performance Engineer, Apple Pay
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 24, 2021
Role Number: 200226153
Here at Apple, we build products that revolutionize entire industries. It's the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Wallet App brought mobile payments to millions of customers around the world, and it's just the beginning. We are building a team to focus on improving the user-experience for Wallet on Apple devices. We are always on the lookout to squeeze that last bit of performance, eliminate the glitch, improve the latency, and optimize the API calls to backend. Are you passionate about user-experience? Do you love optimizing and analyzing challenging performance issues? If you answered yes, the Apple Pay Performance Engineering team wants to hear from you.
- Excellent software design, problem solving and troubleshooting skills for latency-critical software on iOS.
- Strong coding skills, including object-oriented programming with C-family languages. Familiarity with Xcode, XCTest and Instruments.
- Experience in Swift programming language
- In-depth knowledge of tools and techniques for analyzing and benchmarking of operating systems and application performance.
- Strong data visualization skills a big plus.
- Working cross functionally with people of very diverse backgrounds and will need strong communication, influence, and negotiation skills.
We are seeking a self-driven iOS performance engineer who will help design and implement performance measurement and analysis tools to assess latency, UI glitches, and CPU performance. Analyze performance results and metrics to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for optimizations. Ideal candidate would be expected to provide technical leadership and strategic direction to the engineering team by influencing design decisions and provide feedback during code-reviews. Actively participate in cross-functional meetings to communicate performance status, highlight risks and offer mitigation strategies. Mentor junior performance engineers in the team. And help evangelize performance automation and best practices across Apple.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience