Data Engineer, Apple Pay
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 24, 2021
Role Number: 200226156
Here at Apple, we build products that revolutionize entire industries. It's the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are always on the lookout to improve our efficiency squeeze that last bit of performance, creatively scale and increase the reliability of our payment services that power Apple Online Store, AppStore, Apple Music, and more. Apple Pay brought mobile payments to millions of customers, and it's just the beginning. Are you passionate about building massively scalable services that surprise and delight? Do you have a natural curiosity for learning new technologies? If you answered yes, the Apple Pay Performance Engineering team wants to hear from you.
- Strong programming skills.
- Understanding of data structures, software design principles and algorithms.
- Experience with Python scientific libraries like numpy, scipy.
- Expertise in design and development of data intensive applications.
- Experience in handling time series data for stream processing, storage and modeling. Experience in developing front-end tools and visualization is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Performance Engineering fundamentals.
- 3+ years experience in using data processing engines like Apache Spark.
- 3+ years experience in building robust data pipelines.
We are seeking a self-driven, data-savvy candidate who can analyze time series data from multiple data sources and build smart solutions that can help improve efficiency and productivity of Apple Pay Performance Engineering team. You will
Transform data from multiple sources to identify emergent trends, actionable insights.
Use data modeling techniques to identify performance bottlenecks and opportunities for optimizations.
Build forecasting models to plan datacenter capacity.
Build models that informs and helps in planning product launches.
Design and develop data pipelines that feed from multiple sources.
Visualize data to make it easily ingestible to leadership team.
Evangelize data driven processes and best practices across Apple services.
Mentor junior engineers in the team.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience