Data Infrastructure Engineer
New York City , New York , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 25, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200224461
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We provide the machine learning infrastructure, data products, and algorithms supporting some of Apple's newest and fastest growing services. Going beyond accuracy we are driven to develop fair, explainable algorithms that preserve user privacy. Collaborating with Machine Learning Engineers and iOS Frameworks Engineers, your focus will be to bring rigorous data engineering, systems, and governance practices to the team; we always launch at scale. Imagine what you could do here.
- Write high quality code. We work mostly in Python, Objective-C, Java, and Swift. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skills than knowledge of any particular language.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different training and expertise.
- Have extraordinary communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams
- Experience building data pipelines
- Experience to quickly grasp many different services and processes and know how to leverage them
- Experience with orchestration tools like Airflow or Luigi
We are looking for candidates with broad experience in systems integration, data engineering, and operations. You will be responsible for providing the flexible data infrastructure, tooling, and technical guidance that we need to provide financial intelligence at scale and build great software products. You will work on: - building flexible and user-friendly infrastructure that powers our data pipelines and centralized feature stores - developing easy to use data infrastructure for orchestrating ML training jobs - enabling our ML Engineers to seamlessly transition from experimentation to production
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field, equivalent work experience will be considered