AI/ML - Data Infrastructure Infrastructure Engineer, Siri Search, Knowledge & Platform
Seattle , Washington , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Feb 24, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200223209
We are a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in best user friendly efficient way. Apple is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other's ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. AIML Data Infrastructure provides the foundation and core technologies all higher level abstractions run on. We strive to provide the best experience to our stakeholders. Our objective is to provide our engineers and data scientists a highly stable, reliable and performant platform to perform both analytics and data engineering activities on. Our goal is simple, provide a world class infrastructure to enable our engineers and data scientists to do their best work. Are you a passionate about automation, optimizations and tuning? Come join us and be part of the Data Infrastructure journey.
- Passionate about Data Compute and Storage Technologies (Yarn, HDFS, Hbase)
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Hadoop components
- Experience optimizing, tuning and automating a large distributed compute environment
- Experience in configuration management (Puppet, Chef, or Ansible)
- Experience with alerting and monitoring automation in a large scale environment
- Fluent in at least one scripting or systems programming language (Python, Ruby, Bash, Go, etc.)
- Interest or knowledge in using public or private Kubernetes frameworks for scaling data and services infrastructure
You will be responsible for the compute and storage platform used for analytics and machine learning of worldwide Siri events. We manage a triple PB footprints. To run our environment efficiently, we drive for proper monitoring, alerting and automation. The team's goal is to ensure the reliability and performance at the highest level. As a member of the AIML Data Infrastructure Storage and Compute Team:
You will manage one of Apple's largest infrastructure supporting hundreds of millions of Siri customers at triple digit PB scale
You will diagnose, fix, improve, and automate complex issues across the entire stack to ensure maximum uptime and performance
You will take part in designing and building out our next generation elastic compute infrastructure and push our services to the next level
You will advise other teams (within and outside of Siri) on proper integration of our platform
You will manage the core infrastructure which powers all ETL, Analytics, and Privacy Efforts within AIML
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.