Graphics Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 24, 2021
Role Number: 200226129
Are you ready to explore a new technology and product space with a hardworking and collaborative team? Apple's Technology Development Group is seeking developers skilled in building high performance interactive 3D simulation software. This team is building the core foundational platform for some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal 2. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- Good programming skills and knowledge of C++
- Extensive experience with at least one of the graphics APIs (Metal, OpenGL, Direct3D, Console, etc.)
- 3D math skills (linear algebra).
- Understanding of GPU HW pipeline and experience with GPU performance analysis and optimizations is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively to improve architecture and code is a plus
Apple makes the newest technologies accessible to create amazing user experiences. You will have the opportunity to develop prototypes at the state-of-the-art of technology to find the best experiences for our products. We work closely with Apple's Human Interface design team to define the next generation of computing. The candidate for this role will be comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. Engineers are expected to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. You will need a keen understanding of 3D applications and an ambition to explore a new world of uncharted possibilities. You will work closely with artists, designers, and engineers to define and prove new application concepts.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you: At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The AR/VR Software Tools Developer starts at an annual salary of $105,600. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.