Instrumentation & Hardware Electrical Engineer - PPO Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Feb 25, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200226584
The Instrumentation and Test technology team features a collaborative environment with creative, smart people, world-class products and cutting edge technologies. The team features opportunities for individuals to contribute across a wide spectrum of disciplines. Best in class engineering excellence and thoroughness is expected and encouraged. Learning and building of skill-sets is highly encouraged. Invention, IP and patent creation is expected and supported. Pushing the envelope to design and ship innovative products with best-in-class technologies and user experiences is the main goal of the touch technology team at Apple. This individual will play a key role in defining, architecting, specifying, designing, validating, and developing electronics and instruments to support our product bringup, characterization, ramp, and production.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of PCB and FPGA development experience,
- Experience in end-to-end PCB and FPGA development.
- Hardware engineering knowledge in analog and digital design. Knowledge in Op-amps, filters, ADC/DAC converters, and power supply design.
- Experience in FPGA architecture, RTL/Verilog, STA, testbench validation, regression testing, power analysis, system validation, and revision control.
- Experience in MCU Firmware architecture, coding, simulations, regression testing, power analysis, system validation, and revision control.
- Fundamental knowledge in software development for purpose of debugging hardware.
- STM32F7 MCU firmware development knowledge desirable.
- MIPI protocol experience is desirable
- Ability to perform failure analysis using scientific method and experimental process
- Able to understand and perform statistical data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Successfully completed designs that have gone into production
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Able to make international travel to Asia 10% of the time
- Background with Touch or Sensing Technology is preferred but not required
This individual will play a key role in architecting, specifying, designing, developing, validating, and launching PCB and FPGA electronics & instrumentation. He/she will be responsible for, Creating engineering requirement documents. PCB requirements, architecture, design, simulations, prototype, bringup, validation, characterization, and release to production. FPGA requirements, architecture, design, simulations, prototype, bringup, validation, characterization, and release to production. MCU Firmware requirements, architecture, design, simulations, prototype, bringup, validation, characterization, and release to production. Resolving PCB and FPGA engineering and production issues with external vendors. Preparing and deliver presentations. Defect root cause analysis and resolution, including diligent bug database tracking. Collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in EE or CE