Panel Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Feb 25, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200226399
Apple is looking for a world-class talent panel design engineer to design, develop and launch the next-generation display technologies for Apple products. The panel design team is responsible for delivering the advanced panel designs and technologies to enable the world's best display performance in Apple Products. Each Individual will serve as a focal point in architecting and developing the total pixel and panel designs. This includes full display backplane design cycle from panel architecture scoping, circuit schematics design, panel layout and post-layout parasitic extraction, whole panel function simulation, prototype tape-out DRC/LVS to panel electrical/optical validation with board bring up.
- Hands-on experience, in-depth technical knowledge, and proven track record in the design and development for displays or related electronics.
- Demonstrate excellence in at least one circuit design discipline - preferably analog, mixed signal or IC design.
- Ability to perform circuit layout, parasitic RC extraction, modeling & simulation with SPICE
- Hands-on experience with FPGA architecture, design, coding, simulating, and debugging FPGA on actual HW
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Experience in developing, designing and manufacturing high volume display products is a plus
- Experience in characterizing panel optical and electrical performance is a plus
Panel architecture scoping and definition Pixel and panel design, layout , parasitic parameter extraction and panel modeling Panel characterization with electrical and optical measurement to validate panel design, Failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving Practical lab debugging skills to bring-up FPGA on actual PCBs using Oscilloscope, Protocol Analyzers, Scripting (Perl, Python) development experience. UI Development on matlab platform for engineering application demo and data collection automation New TFT and display technologies exploration, investigation, and validation International business travel to support project implementation Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including TFT process, Display Optics, Reliability, Display EE, and Mechanical Engineering Collaborate with external vendors for display manufacturing
Education & Experience
Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, or M.S degree in Electrical Engineering plus 3 years display / electronics industry experience, or B.S degree in Electrical Engineering plus 7 years display / electronics industry experience