Risk Program Manager, Apple Pay, Internet Services - San Diego
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 25, 2021
Role Number: 200226759
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have imagined - and now can't imagine living without. If you're drawn by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your perfect job! Apple Pay is the leading mobile payments platform for in-store and online payments launched by Apple five years ago. It is rapidly growing and recently launched Apple Card - a new kind of credit card, built by Apple. Apple Card is founded on simplicity, visibility and privacy, and crafted to help customers lead a healthier financial life. We are seeking an experienced Payments & Consumer Cards Risk specialist, to help drive and support the evolution of the business, working in lockstep with internal and external business partners. Program Managers in Risk and fraud, deliver the right feature at the right time. They also have a deep background in risk and fraud prevention and will have experience in one of many different verticals - digital e-commerce, fraud detection and prevention, credit risk or issuance. It's a hands-on, cross-functional, highly-engaged job. No folks who like to observe from the sideline. A good PM is key to the success of the team and products.
- 5+ years of program management experience with consumer-facing products.
- Singular focus on customer experience and a tried experience in payments and financing
- Strong experience in credit card operations and functions, including servicing channels, business analytics and operational health
- Hands-on experience building and delivering client software, web and internet services
- Self-starting, results-oriented, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
- Experience working in a dynamic, results driven environment.
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation, and social skills.
- Strong technical proficiency, fierce attention to details, relentless at follow up and demanding of quality.
- Proven track record of managing complex cross functional software projects that support applications and services
- International product development experience a plus
- Experienced in setting up project timeline and work breakdown structures
- Proficiency in utilizing project management and collaboration tools
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels
- Flexible and open working style, with an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
As a Risk Program Manager, you will be responsible for a broad portfolio of work. Specifically, you will: Release the right set of features for our customers, on time and with high quality. Drive all aspects of the software development process: determine requirements, scope work, develop a plan, generate a schedule, craft a team, execute, and ship. Work cross-functionally across Apple to use the collective skills and intelligence of our people. Be persistent and can discover and eliminate complexity and ambiguity in projects to ensure visibility and establish goals and expectations for services requested. Make critical decisions and trade-offs to ensure your programs are successful. Help to define a product vision and strategy. Resolve conflicts, troubleshoot, and unblock issues. Understand complex technical projects and can quickly learn about new technologies and solutions to run their implementation. Communicate with every level of our organization, from individual contributors to executives. Demonstrate high integrity and strong values, every single day. Keep up-to date on latest technology solutions in market to generate innovative ideas to solve challenges. Work closely with Legal, Privacy and security teams to design and implement solutions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) - Master's or MBA a plus