Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Cincinnati - Ohio
Location: Raleigh - North Carolina
New Code: SW.005.03
Looking for talented individuals to join our collaborative team as we rapidly expand our best-in-class solution capabilities in the Industrial Internet of Things space. Targeting candidates excited to work with new and emerging IIOT, advanced analytic, and augmented reality technologies. Seeking people who have proven capabilities in extracting and unveiling the value behind data, the desire to consult with clients to understand and guide their IIOT journeys, and the willingness to be a collaborative implementer of these solutions. Need to embrace human centric design approaches to provide modern user experiences layered on top of traditional manufacturing environments. This role is for you if you want to be part of a team that empowers our clients by creating innovative digital solutions that unlock productivity, efficiency, and flexibility.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and enthusiastic IIOT Architect with a can-do attitude to join our talented team!
This role will be leading architecture and technical development when deploying our client's IIOT platforms, analytic and machine learning applications, and augmented reality experiences. This person will provide solution development and technical delivery leadership to client initiatives. This role is responsible for managing the delivery of technical solutions with a combination of personal effort, with teammates, and with indirect Center of Excellence and Innovation Center resources. This client facing role will typically be the primary solution architect on projects to define the delivery strategy and manage within client expectations. This role will also serve as a technical advisor for projects to ensure quality and technical performance requirements are achieved.
The candidate will be expected to provide direction, guidance, coaching and training to technical specialists (developers, software engineers, etc.) who are assigned to their client engagements. Expectations include a high level of collaboration and teamwork with other team members, Center of Excellence architects, solution and business consultants, and project management staff. This role will receive coaching and oversight from the IIOT team leaders, Center of Excellence leaders, and Global technology leads.
- Experience with ThingWorx technology stack:
- development of IoT applications and solutions including building scalable data model, services, orchestration, system integrations
- development of IoT connectivity components utilizing ThingWorx edge SDKs or industrial protocols (OPC, MQTT, MTConnect, ModBus and similar)
- Experience in working within manufacturing domain - understanding typical OT and IT components of manufacturing operations: MES, CMMS, PLC, DCS, SCADA, HMI, ERP, Asset Management and similar.
- Experience with industrial automation, OSI PI, data acquisition and edge technologies
- Understanding of level 0/1 sensor and PLC systems, architectures, and data types is preferred
- Experience integrating ThingWorx with 'Big Data' platforms
- Competency in Graph/NoSQL database techniques, and RDBS platforms like Oracle and MS SQL Server
- Data manipulation techniques, including ETL/ETLV
- Competency in object-oriented development patterns in Java and .NET
- Competency in data analysis applications built in R, Python, Scala
- Competency in data visualization platforms like D3.js and Tableau
- Competency in modern web development techniques like Angular, Node.js, HTML5 and CSS
- Competency in modern integration standards like RESTful and OData, message-oriented-middleware (MQ)
- Strong UML skills
- Competency in one of the major cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Experience leading remote development teams, performance testing, unit test, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Agile and SDLC software development practices and technical documentation (requirements, functional specifications, test plans, etc.)
- Understanding of business requirements and the process of translating them into well-engineered and integrated technical solutions; attention to detail
- Client-focused to understand and appropriately respond to our clients' business needs
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers and management to help develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Versatility, flexibility and proactivity when resolving technical issues and dealing with ambiguity
- Commitment to quality and on-schedule delivery; proven ability to establish and meet milestones and deadlines
- Displays strong teamwork, client service and organizational skills
- Uses open and appropriate means of communication with management, stakeholders and peers on work status, risks, issues and opportunities
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Willing and able to travel and work at client sites. Travel can vary on assignment from 0% to 100% but can average 30%.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related technical experience.
- Experience with:
- PTC ThingWorx, ThingWorx Analytics & Kepware
- Rockwell FactoryTalk Analytics: DataView, DataFlowML, Edge
- Architecting and delivering distributed or SaaS-based analytical solutions
- Modern big data and application technologies
- At least 3-5 years technical consulting experience with project management responsibilities
- Demonstrated industry domain experience in one of Rockwell's core customer segments (Automotive, Mining, Pharma, CPG, etc.)
- Experience with the design and configuration of Rockwell Automation ProductionCentre Application Suites (CPG Suite or PharmaSuite).
- Seeks out new responsibilities and stretch opportunities while demonstrating creativity in identifying better means of accomplishing a job.
- Familiarity with:
- FactoryTalk Historian / OSISoft PI
- Platform management activities including application and database backup and restore functions, user management and security integration
- Cloud hosting services and subscription management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).