Hardware Design Engineer, Accessories
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Feb 26, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200219270
Will you help us design the next generation Accessories that push the boundaries of low-power and high-speed electrical design. Our products enable countless people to fully-utilize and enjoy the Apple ecosystem. Apple Accessories Hardware Design team is searching for a driven, passionate electrical engineer. This is a rare and extraordinary opportunity allowing ownership from architecture definition to component selection, schematic capture and board layout to validation and manufacturing. Our products are on the cutting edge in every way: - Design - Integration - Connectivity - Power consumption - Reliability - Fabrication - Manufacturing scale Join us in developing solutions the world doesn't know of yet. You will join a hands-on development team that fosters engineering excellence, creativity and innovation to play a significant role in the development of Apple products by engaging in a collaborative, rapidly changing environment to integrate new technologies into our designs. Collaboration across teams is a key component of success at Apple. You will thrive in that type of environment. We are based in Cupertino at Apple's headquarters. Some international travel is required, as our teams go on-site for manufacturing support to ensure product success. It can be one of the most exciting aspects of the job.
- We would like you to join our team if you have phenomenal EE fundamentals and possess a deep understanding of why our discipline works the way it does; you've developed an intuition and can apply it to new topics because you understand the basics of electrical hardware
- 5+ years of the following experience is preferred, but we encourage to apply with any level of experience
- Your hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, as well as functional verification will serve you well
- You have a desire to solve complex problems and learn how to quantify and test new technologies
- Experience crafting high volume products from beginning to end and dealing with contract manufacturers is a huge bonus
- Experience in low-power embedded systems is very beneficial. Every µA is sacred
- Leadership skills with management experience is a plus
On the team you will engage with a rewarding variety of responsibilities: - Architecture development and review - Component selection and maintaining vendor relationships - Schematic capture and review - Manage PCB layout with our team of designers - Validation planning and execution - Utilizing local and contract manufacturer resources to execute deep and detailed validation Custom silicon specifications and validation, from simple glue logic to multi-core ARM SoC's Once you join our team you will collaborate with cross functional teams involved in design and development process at Apple
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.