Silicon Validation Software Engineer: Regression
San Diego , California , United States
Posted: Feb 26, 2021
Role Number: 200226812
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior roles. As part of the silicon validation team, you will play a key role in shipping high quality silicon by maintaining automated regression tests across all media blocks in Apple designed silicon.
- Expert at scripting (Tcl, Expect, Python)
- Strong software skills in C/C++
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Familiarity with using scopes and analyzers
- Prior experience running QA testing for hardware or software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with hardware/software interaction.
- Embedded software experience is a must. Device driver experience a plus.
Plan and develop scripts to run automated testing of SW/HW. Regress, monitor, solve, and maintain regression infrastructure. Develop and maintain software to collate and report regressions status. Work with validation engineers to triage, debug and root-cause failures.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required.