Location: Detroit - Michigan
Location: Kalamazoo - Michigan
The Senior Field Support Engineer serves as a primary contact for Rockwell Automation's customers. They are focused on improving customer relationships by resolving commercial and technical issues. The Field Support Engineer works on a variety of commercial and technical issues both independently and with a team.
- Other activities of the Field Support Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Provide customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment. - Serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple topics.
- Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics.
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting.
- Provide leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel.
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.).
- Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details.
- Support an environment conducive to successful team interaction and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
- This role has a preferred location of the Detroit area but we will also consider Western Michigan locales such as Kalamazoo, Lansing and Grand Rapids.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
- We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Manufacturing, Industrial Automation, Engineering, or Technology related field.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in industrial automation, preferably in Automotive, Metals, Water/Waste Water industry, Pulp & Paper, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage.
- Experience with:
- Variable Frequency Drives & Applications
- Medium Voltage Drives
- Servo/Motion control
- Studio5000, ControlLogix, CompactLogix
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).