Swift Developer / Video Streaming
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 1, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200225799
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have imagined - and now can't imagine living without. If you're motivated by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job. Apple Customer Systems Team is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, energetic individual with excellent communication skills who is not afraid to think outside the box and question assumptions. In this role, you will be part of a fast growing, cohesive team with many exciting responsibilities related to n-tier application development.
- 5+ yrs hands on experience in building and deploying scalable multi-platform (iOS and macOS) applications.
- Proven ability to develop and ship high quality software products on schedule.
- Strong knowledge of Swift and Cocoa technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of macOS and iOS UI/UX principles.
- Excellent analytical, programming (Swift and Objective-C, Java etc. ), and debugging skills and strong proficiency in multi-threaded development.
- Strong understanding of HTTP networking (protocol, cookies, authentication, cache, security, and performance).
- Experience developing apps that communicate with remote web services.
- Knowledge of testing infrastructure (XCTest, UI Testing, Xcode Server).
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills.
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed team.
Lead design, development, implementation and maintenance of Swift MacOS and iOS apps and secure applications development technology best practices Work with project managers and technical teams in a cross-functional environment, to implement quality products that meet business goals Keep up-to date on latest technology solutions to generate innovative ideas to solve business challenges We need someone with ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality. You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in CS or equivalent & 5+ years of related experience.
- Knowledge of streaming media protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Smooth Streaming, DASH, RTMP, RTSP, etc is a plus
- Good knowledge of Java and related frameworks
- Agile development experience