Senior Software Engineer, Delivery Engineering, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 1, 2021
Role Number: 200227446
Imagine what you could do here. The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Are you interested in crafting next generation Application and Infrastructure architecture at a scale that everyone dreams of? AMP Delivery Engineering; mission is to improve every Engineer's life at Apple Media Products through building innovative and state of the art tools/systems that span wide spectrum in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). If you are a smart software engineer who loves working on lower level infrastructure and are passionate about building innovative solutions, AMP Delivery Engineering is looking for you. Apple, Inc is looking for a highly motivated individual contributor / Architect to join the Delivery Engineering team. You will be a key part of crafting the future architecture of Apple Media Products services and how they are developed as well as deployed that delight Apple Customers.
- Overall 5-10 years of experience working with relevant technology
- Experience with containers, container runtime, and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with cloud-native deployment technologies such as Helm and Spinnaker
- Strong software architecture and system design skills are required
- Strong programming skills in Go, Java, etc
- Good understanding in general distributed systems, e.g. Cassandra, Kafka, Solr, Redis, Spark, etc.
- Good understanding of building micro-services using REST-style APIs, gRPC, etc.
- Good understanding of cloud architecture and cloud infrastructure
- Good working knowledge of networking and security
- Good experience in automation and tooling with CI/CD pipelines for improving Software Development Lifecycle
- Some experience with large-scale datacenter application deployments including monitoring and capacity planning
- Some experience with public cloud providers, e.g. AWS.
- Ability to communicate optimally, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion
- Hands on ability to code to build proof of concepts, etc
- Ability to set and maintain goals, welcome feedback and enjoy success.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done
- Excellent aptitude for learning
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
Our team is in the business of helping engineers in Apple Media Products to produce high quality software. This role focuses on building software to improve our developers' experience with containers, and to offer high fidelity ephemeral environments for development and deployment. Candidates should be excited about containers and Kubernetes; they should also be interested in demonstrating various cloud-native technologies to support continuous deployment. The selected candidate should not be afraid to question assumptions and should possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills. You will need to have both the technical chops and the communication skills to articulate your ideas as well as influence others in a multi-functional manner. AMP Delivery Engineering is a team responsible for the design and implementation of application build, release, deployment, configuration activities as well as tools and framework development. Other responsibilities include working with internal business partners to gather requirements, design a solution, build prototypes, implement/update solutions, build and execute test plans, perform quality reviews, manage operations, plus triage and fix operational issues. AMP Delivery Engineers must be able to adjust to constant business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies. iTunes Engineers require the ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels with clients, vendors, partners, and all levels of staff.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, or relevant proven experience preferred