Software Engineer - Computational Geometry, Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 1, 2021
Role Number: 200225700
Are you searching for an opportunity that will challenge, encourage and make you proud? If so, our Maps Data team would like to meet you! We are looking for an individual to assist in development of our spatial data processing framework and query engine focusing on geometric processing.
- You have experience developing GIS, EDA/CAD, graphics, or related software
- 4+ years of experience in C++ / Scala / Java
- Exposure to a geometric processing library like CGAL, Boost.Geometry or similar.
- Understanding of computational geometry concepts.
Are you passionate about mapping technology? Are you passionate about working with the top tier in technology? We are seeking an engineer with passion to help develop the spatial data processing framework and query engine. Our team provides end-to-end geometric solutions, from low-level algorithms to high level flows and distributed processing frameworks. Are you excited to tackle complex problems? For this role, you will need experience with geometric algorithms, deep understanding of complexity analysis, and proven ability to implement robust solutions. RESPONSIBILITIES: - You will design and develop advanced geometric processing libraries and functions for maps data processing. - You'll review and consult on geometry architecture for multiple maps data teams. - You will develop specialized functionality to support maps conflation use cases. - You will be responsible for performance optimizing geometric operations for parallel processing.
Education & Experience
MS or BS in computer science with some experience of computational geometry, graphics or equivalent.
- PhD in Computer Science with a focus on computational geometry, graphics or equivalent
- Experience implementing spatial processing concepts and algorithms using multiple-precision arithmetic kernels
- Experience coding with geometric libraries such as CGAL or Boost. Geometry. Bonus for contributions to those open source libraries.
- Proficient in the field of computational geometry based on projects, experience or research and publication track record